Thursday, December 17, 2009

End of a Journey

From the moment I left Hong Kong to the moment I arrived home in England I visited 18 countries in 135 days, 4 hours and 20 minutes. I travelled from Thailand to England without getting on a plane.

The person who had the original idea for this trip is unknown. Jen and I were at a party and had lots to drink when one of us floated the possibility of travelling together. We were both finishing work at the same time so it seemed like a good opportunity.

Then the next morning we never spoke about it again, with headaches to nurse we both forgot about the drunken plan to travel together. Then, sure enough, a month later we were at another party and the idea came up again whilst drinking. The next morning though we actually decided to do it.

I have had the journey of a lifetime and would not have had the same experience if Jen and Nikki had not been with me. Whether I was riding on elephants, hurtling through jungles on motorbikes or partying with Russian military on a four day train, they both made it even more fantastic.

I am going to make a video of my trip as I took with me a HD camera and have lots of footage. It will probably be on here in one month. In the meantime I will not be writing another blog, I am home with my family in England and the blog was originally for them to keep track of me. It is great to be home and see everyone, this will be my first Christmas with them in four years.

But the moral to this story is to drink lots, have crazy ideas and then follow through with them in the morning.

for the final time:

bx

THE END.

3 comments:

  1. Gosh! What a momentous blog! Feels like the end of an era! Glad you're home, however wondering why you've been home three days and still haven't rung me?!! Bad times :-( Han

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benjo let me know about the road trip in North America!!Glad you are back home safe and sound! Happy to have you here in the Hague(the city)again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are planning 4 ish months in South America in early 2011 xx

    ReplyDelete