Wednesday, August 26, 2009

In Laos

I am now in Laos! It took a nine hour bus ride and then a 2 day boat ride to get here though. There were some good points and bad points about the trip.

Good: I slept most of the way on the bus

Bad: We arrived at the Laos border at 4am and checked into the worst motel room ever. I thought bedbugs were a myth till I woke up with the bites all over my legs.

Good: We crossed the river from Thailand to Laos to get our visa with no issue.

Bad: A man on the otherside tried to scam us by suggesting we take a minibus to Lurang Prabang in Laos, (Luckily we went with our gut and took the slow boat)

Good: We saw a wild elephant drinking in the Mekong

Bad: The boat nearly tipped over once or twice when it was very full. (the captain was getting people into the middle of the boat)

Good: We made it in the end!

We are now in Lurang Prabang. More info soon!

bx

No comments:

Post a Comment